Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for faculty members to assist with instruction in the clinical sciences and support Case Doctors in the clinic. Positions will be part time with the possibility of full time available for most positions.
- Applicants must hold a Doctor of Chiropractic degree
- A current license (SC for clinic support role)
- At least three years full-time practice and/or teaching experience
- A strong desire to share the philosophy, science and art of chiropractic with future doctors of chiropractic
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send current CV and letter of interest to Mandy Smith, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for the position of Health Center Receptionist. The following job description lists the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes to Mandy Smith.
Position Title: Health Center Receptionist
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Clinic Operations & Outreach
Classification/ Level III (Part-Time/ Non-Exempt)
FLSA Status: Monday-Thursday 10:30 AM-5:00 PM Friday 10:30 AM-4:00 PM
Primary Function: The Health Center Receptionist provides a professional environment for patients, interns and faculty, and maintains efficient and effective daily procedures for processing patient visits.
- To provide quality reception services to patients
- To service all incoming calls in a professional manner
- To provide communication/reception support services to interns, x-ray supervisors, exam supervisors, and faculty doctors
- To assist interns with scheduling patient visits, examinations, and x-rays
- To maintain inventory of health center forms
- To report instances of outstanding professionalism or cases of unprofessional behavior to the dean of clinic operations & outreach (Professional Conduct Report)
- To straighten and organize the reception area, reception desk, dressing rooms and consultation rooms on a daily basis prior to opening
- To assess the temperature of the patient areas of the health center and request maintenance assistance to adjust settings as necessary
- To maintain accurate records of all financial transactions, telephone messages, appointments, IOC attendance, etc.
- To practice and demonstrate caring, compassionate, and ethical behavior toward patients and students
- To assist with inventorying and ordering health center patient care and reception supplies
- To assist with the orientation to health center reception procedures fro student interns
- To assist with decorating the health center for holidays and special events
- To water and care for the plants in the health center
- To supervise and assist with maintaining the patient gown supply
- To provide periodic self-evaluations and goal development
- Lead enthusiastic support to college policies and to fellow co-workers, particularly in the presence of students and visitors
- Participate in the annual Lyceum program
- Commitment to the mission of Sherman College and support The Sherman Chiropractor in any way correlated to the position
- To assume any other duties as assigned by the lead staff member or the dean of clinic operations & outreach
- To cross-train on other staff positions as assigned by the dean of clinic operations & outreach
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- An understanding and support of the philosophy of chiropractic is preferred
- A high school diploma, experience with customer service and/or patient reception preferred
- A desire to work in a service-oriented environment
- Professional and courteous interpersonal and telephone skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while maintaining a pleasant work environment
- Ability to be assertive and enforce health center policies and procedures
- Organizational skills
- Computer: MS Office
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee works in a controlled work environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
General Sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith, Director of HR.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
(Please open links below to view posters)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Sherman College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other school-administered programs.